Friday 2 October 2015

Mist, Sun and Moon

This is not my usual subject for a blog post, but it has been such as stunning week of misty mornings and evenings with a big big moon at night and some amazing sunrises and sunsets. Unfortunately I have been a bit busy to capture it all, but I managed to take a couple of pics this week and it has prompted me to post some of my favourite photos of how the the weather and climate can totally transform the mountains and valleys.

High in the mountains above the cloud filled valleys....

Temperature inversion on Blencathra

Misty mornings across the farmers' fields.....




Stunning sunsets.....
Big orange sun in my local neighbourhood
Stunning sunset at St Bees

And waking up in the mountains to cloud filled valleys. What an amazing planet we live on....

Camping above Buttermere


2 comments:

  1. Super photo's Lucy. It's been a great week - I hope you've had time to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John - you might recognise some of the pics! Unfortunately not enough time out and about this week......

    ReplyDelete